Sunday, February 26, 2006

One Blog Post You Must Read Before You Die

We at Intersecting Lines are not stand-offish elites, pontificating from atop our ivory towers or wherever it is stand-offish elites pontificate from now that you're not allowed to shoot elephants without a permit. No, we like to engage with our readers, to make them a part of the blog, as befits the democratic age in which we live. Enough of our waffle, we like to say: what do you think? Interacting with our audience not only stimulates debate, but provides a really easy way to conclude posts. Don't you think?

Anyway, one of the "buzz" books in the "blogosphere" at the moment is 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. It sounds like meretricious crap to me, but it's got me thinking about my 1001 favourite books. I'd list them now if I had time, but sadly I have other things to do with my life than provide proper conclusions to blog posts. So, dear reader, the task once again falls to you. What are your top 1001 "must reads"? Annotated lists in the comments, please.

5 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Anonymous martha said...

All right, well, there's absolutely no way I can list my top 1001 books. But since you are not stand-offish elites, I will come out of the woodwork to tell you I love this site, you make me laugh nearly every time (in a good way), and could you be so kind as to point out a post that explains the joint nature of your blog? I'm curious about how that works.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger TimT said...

I shudder at the possibility that someone might take you up on this challenge ...

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks Martha, glad somebody other than the three of us enjoys reading the blog. As for its joint nature, it's like this. I started the blog in December, but ran out of time and enthusiasm a month or so later. Enter James and Other Tim, who kindly offered to help me keep it ticking over. There is also a fourth team member, but she is yet to post.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger JPW said...

Yeah, I'm pretty great.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Ben.H said...

Someone's just published a survey done for World Book Day, about which books librarians most recommend. You'll never guess the top three:

1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. The Bible
3. Lord of the Rings

ptusfvcd!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home