Monday, February 06, 2006

Big Gooey Blobs

I owe a big gooey blob of thanks to Chris Knutsen, who fearlessly and humourously edited these pieces.

... writes Steve Martin in the introduction to Pure Drivel, a collection of short pieces published in 1999. Good point. I'd like to offer Tim Sterne large steaming piles of gratitude for allowing me to post this, and John Howard long, pendulous oozings of indifference for being my Prime Minister. Rapid, globular wheezings of jocularity go to Martin for writing this book; a gaseous emission of apathy to Phoenix books for publishing him; and irregular emulsions of boredom to Michael Leunig for being Michael Leunig.

Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger JPW said...

There was a piece in Pure Drivel that I really enjoyed. The rest was just so many lung oysters.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger TimT said...

I don't know. On the whole, I liked it. Some pieces fell flat - that's the danger of comic writing, that the 'jokes' don't come through - but I thought it was rather well done.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home